What safety features does the 2021 Chevrolet Traverse come with?
The 2021 Traverse is yet to be tested and scored by the NHTSA but judging by last year’s rendition which scored a perfect 5 stars out of 5, the brand-new Traverse should also bag top marks.
Especially if we’re talking about medium trims and up.
There are actually three trim levels you need to look at when you’re considering the safety of the 2021 Traverse – the base model, the LT leather trim, and the RS.
The 2021 Chevrolet Traverse L’s safety features
Dubbed the Traverse L, the base model doesn’t come with too many safety features but starts at a tantalizingly low price which allows you to add more to it if you feel you need to.
It does come with a reliable airbag system, a rearview camera, and the Rear Seat Reminder system.
It also offers the Teen Driver pack as standard. Designed to help new drivers make better decisions on the open road, the Teen Driver pack lets parents set limits to how fast the car and how high the stereo can go. It also sends reports on mileage and speeds, plus an immediate alert in the case of a collision or a crash.
The 2021 Chevrolet Traverse LT leather’s safety features
The first trim level that comes with quite a few active safety features is the LT leather as it includes everything under the base model plus:
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert – lets you know of oncoming traffic when you’re backing up from a tight parking spot with limited visibility
- Blind Spot Monitoring – through alerts on your side mirrors it will help you avoid colliding with other vehicles while changing lanes
- Lane Change Alert – sends out an alert if it detects the car is changing lanes but the blinking signal is not turned on and you’re not steering in that direction
- Rear Park Assist – boosts driver awareness when backing up while parking
The 2021 Chevrolet Traverse RS’s safety features
The Traverse RS comes with every available safety feature apart from Adaptive Cruise Control that’s standard on the High Country only.
It's fitted with every safety feature that's listed under the LT Leather trim, plus:
- Following Distance Indicator – meant to increase the driver’s attention while driving, the system is especially helpful to new drivers that have yet to master the art of maintaining a safe distance from the car in from of you
- Automatic Emergency Braking with Forward Collision Warning – with the help of sensors, cameras, and radar the system monitors the road ahead and will alert you as soon as it picks up on an imminent collision. If you fail to brake in time to avoid the crash, the car will hit the brakes for you to diminish the severity of the impact or avoid it altogether
- Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning – this active safety feature will gently steer the car for you to keep it in its lane if it senses you're drifting out of it. The system will not come into play if you're steering in that direction or if the turn signal is on
- Front Pedestrian Braking – at speeds below 50 mph and during the daytime, the system will automatically brake if it senses an imminent collision with a pedestrian.
Visit us here at O'Neill's Chevrolet Buick in Avon, Connecticut where you'll not only get all the info you need and help to build your dream Traverse, but you'll also be able to take the 2021 Traverse out for a test drive and see all those active safety features in action.